Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Travel + Leisure: Food and Travel Issue!

I started a new personal trend...whenever I am traveling for work, I always pick up the latest copies of my favorite travel magazines: Travel + Leisure, National Geographic Traveler and potentially one other magazine that peaks my interest.  Last time I was at the airport I was extra excited because Islands had an article about living in Nevis (where I am going on my honeymoon) AND more importantly, this month's Travel + Leisure was THE FOOD AND TRAVEL ISSUE.

If you know anything about me or if you have read my blog and have any sort of reading comprehension, you realize I love food and I love to travel (or to dream about traveling)!!  Plus, food is one of the best outlets to get a true taste of the culture and country you are visiting (pun intended).  As one article in this magazine adequately described it, "You can learn a lot about a culture by watching it shop for groceries.  It's like sneaking into a nation's house and rifling through the fridge."  
Eating is a significant part of any getaway and your experience at any food establishment can tell you a lot about the local economy, how people interact with one another, general lifestyle choices, even things like local fashion, and how people view Americans!
Anyway, I have only made it half way through my Food and Travel Issue and I already need to tell other people about it.  From learning about the best places to eat throughout the United States with recommendations by local chefs in each state, to reading about the farm to table establishments in Italy and best places to buy cheese in France, this issue of Travel + Leisure  is a must read!
Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment