Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A New Dinner Party Idea

Thanks to getting distracted in class the other day, I stumbled upon a brilliant website called...take a guess....Stumble Upon (www.stumbleupon.com)!  I saw my friend looking at this website and I just had to check it out, and what a great life decision this turned out to be!  I am sorry if this is old news to any of you.  I do realize I could be getting excited about finding a new trend that is a thing of the past and I am perfectly okay with it!

Anyway, Stumbled Upon is a site where you create an account, select from a list of interests, and then when you visit the site it shows different web pages, one at a time, that match the interests you select.  If you aren't interested in the page presented you simply click the StumbleUpon icon and are redirected to a new, random page!  So ten minutes ago I was reading about health remedies from common household goods, looking at photos of puppies that fell asleep in cute positions, and woohooing over beautiful photographs of cities I didn't recognize!

What does this have to do with gourmet getaways you ask?

Well, while looking at this amazing website, I stumbled upon a new idea for my next large dinner party! ...see what I did there?

Anyway, forget taco bars and ice cream bars at your next shindig.  How about a make your own pizza bar?!!?! All you need is a few types of flat bread, some oil, toppings of your choice, and a grill!
1. Set out a few types of flat bread as crusts (the website where I found this used plain, garlic, and wheat).
2. Have some oil and pastry brushes available so guests can spread oil on both sides of the bread
3. Set out various toppings for guests to choose from for their pizza: sauces, cheeses, meats, vegetables, herbs & spices
4. Once your guest is done assembling, throw that flat bread on the grill and let the cheese melt to pizza perfection.

The idea is so perfect but so rarely done!  I will try this out someday and when I do I will be sure to let you know how it goes.  If you are interested read more about it here and let me know what you think!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment