Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baked Brie

I have determined I am terrible at keeping up with my blog regularly, but my love for food is in full force.  After a successful bridal shower for my best friend Emily, whom I have known since pre-school, I was inspired yesterday to keep posting.
The recipe for baked brie below wasn't part of our wine and food pairing for Emily's 5 senses shower; however, it is perfect for entertaining (and I already had the recipe typed up)!  It is really a classic appetizer and always seems to go over well with guests.  If you have a large gathering, I would suggest making two....yes it is that good.
More recent recipes to come, but in the meantime, this is great to try for your next gathering:


Baked Brie
Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 of a 17.3 oz. package of puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed (I use Pepperidge Farms)
  • Apricot, Berry or Fig preserves or jam
  • Sliced almonds
  • 13-16oz. round of brie cheese
  • Entertainment crackers

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 400 degrees and beat the egg
  • When thawed (but not warm) unfold the pastry sheet on a floured surface and roll pastry out to about a 14" x 14" square
  • Spread generous amount of your favorite flavor of preserves / jam on the pastry within 2 inches of the edge of the square
  • Place brie round in the center of the pastry
  • Add additional preserves on top of the brie round and sprinkle with sliced almonds
  • Fold edges of the pastry up and over the brie round.  I usually fold the four edges into the middle of the pastry which creates four more corners, or a smaller pastry square.  Lift the four "new" corners to touch and then twist one direction to make a flower shape.  Secure on top of the brie with a toothpick
  • Brush pastry with beaten egg
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool for 20-40 minutes  and serve with crackers
Bon Appetit!!!    ....and I will post again soon! (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment