Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lennie's Hoagies - Manayunk, PA

While visiting Philadelphia for the holidays, my cheesesteak experience may have been a disappointment, but it was followed up by, quite possibly, one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.  We went to visit some of my husband's friends in Manayunk, just outside of Philadelphia, and met up with them at Lennie's Hoagies.  One of Luke's friends swears by Lennie's and I believe he reigns as mayor of the place since he checks in on four square so often.  I can see why he would visit Lennies often, even more than once in a day, because it was more than satisfactory and delicious.  Everyone at our table was more than pleased with their sandwich and it left me wishing Lennies Hoagies would set up shop in Boulder.
Lennies Hoagies is a sub shop with a combination of hot and cold sandwiches, highlighting Italian meats and melts stuffed with exuberant amounts of fresh cut meats and delicious, gooey cheeses.  The meat and cheeses are delicious and the subs are topped with lettuce, tomato, onions, oil and seasoning.  Not only are the meats, cheeses, and vegetables fresh, but the bread was delicious as well.  I got so excited about my hoagie just by looking at it, I forgot to take a photo of the deliciousness until I was 3/4 of the way through.  
Boulder has a similar sub locale, Snarfs, that adds the delicious oils and seasonings, but the selection at Snarfs fails by comparison to that of Lennies...and that is saying something.  I am officially sold on Lennies and would definitely eat there again the next time I am in the Manayunk area.  If you are ever in Philly area it is worth the stop. This is a place you definitely need to try.

Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment